Operation Christmas Child
Packing Parties September 14 & 21
Operation Christmas Child is a project of Samaritan’s Purse, an international relief organization. The mission is to provide local partners around the world with shoeboxes filled with small toys, hygiene items, and school supplies as a means of reaching out to children in their own communities with the Good News of Jesus Christ. We ship these simple gifts outside the United States to children affected by war, poverty, natural disaster, famine, and disease; all across the globe. ROC has committed to packing 1,000 shoe boxes that need to be sent by October 14-18. This is a big undertaking and we won’t be able to make this huge impact without you! Please bring your items to the packing parties in September!
- School Supplies: Pencils, Sharpeners, Pens, Notebook, Crayons, Chalk, Erasers
- Toys: Beanie Babies/Plush Animals, Balls, Matchbox Cars, Dolls (see restrictions below), Jump Ropes
- Necessity/Hygiene Items: Washcloths, Toothbrushes, Underwear, T-shirts, Socks,
- Calculators, Jewelry, Hair Clips, Watches and Bags/Purses
- Cards/Letters: Cards and photos are acceptable and strongly encouraged but CANNOT contain a Christian message or symbol.
***We also ask that you donate $9 to cover the cost of shipping each individual box.
Standard Inappropriate Items:
- Used or damaged items
- War-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures
- Chocolates or food
- Liquids or lotions
- Medications or vitamins
- Breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers
- Aerosol cans
Additional Inappropriate Items for Special Access Shoeboxes:
It is VERY important to pay close attention to this list and examine all items before including in shoeboxes.
- Playing Cards (like the ones used in poker; games like UNO or Go Fish are OK)
- American or Israeli flags that wave (flags on apparel or other items are OK)
- Coloring books that are Christian related or religious in nature
- Pigs (this includes toys, coloring book pages or books with pigs)
- Barbie Dolls or dolls with removable clothing that reveals anatomically correct figure
- Scary characters/figurines
- Christian or Jewish symbols (cross, items mentioning Jesus, Star of David, Hanukkah, Hebrew script, Menorah)
- Bibles or religious literature
- Personal letters that say Jesus, Christ, or Christian (OK to mention “the love of God”)
- Camouflage clothing (camouflage school items and toys are OK)