Ways to Help
- Reduce your plastic bottles, paper, aluminum, and cardboard in the blue bins, our coffee cups are currently NOT recyclable but their lids are.
- Spread the news that we are trying to start a recycling program.
- Being willing to empty the recycling bins once the Church agrees to add a recycling receptacle in the parking lot.
- Until a bin is added, help us whenever you happen to be in the building by checking the blue bins. If they are full contact us so we can come collect them!
Recycling/Trash Disposal Information to Chew On
- Currently Bay Disposal picks up ROC’s trash container 4 times a week and it goes into a landfill. The contract with Bay Disposal is up in December.
- If ROC decides to switch to TFC Recycling and Trash pick up, the trash gets sent to a sorting facility in Greenbrier, then transferred to a company called Wheelabrator in Portsmouth, Virginia. Wheelabrator converts trash into energy by safely burning it and using the steam. That steam powers the Portsmouth Shipyard.
- Recycling can show our kids that being good stewards includes everything God has given us, Including the world around us!
If you are willing to do any of the above items please join the Green Team by contacting us at – RiverOakRecycles@gmail.com. No one is too small to join the Green Team; all ages are welcome!
1 Peter 4: 10-11 “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.”