River Oak Church Construction Update
We rejoice in God’s goodness as we began construction on Phase Four of our campus buildout last week! Look for brief updates on our website regarding the progress of the construction project as we continue to go ALL IN for the Gospel and God’s glory in our church, community, and world.
The new addition will double our square footage, so the design for the complicated structure took a little longer than expected. However, we are so thankful for the City of Chesapeake going out of their way to expedite approvals and assist us in every way possible. We are on our way!
September 13, 2019:
- Foundation installation is 95% complete.
- The masonry contractor is 90% complete with the initial phase. The brick and masonry split face veneer will begin after the structure is in place.
- The masonry for both stairwells is complete.
- The masonry for the elevator shaft is complete.
- The floor joists, roof joists, floor deck and roof deck are being fabricated.
- The structural steel will be fabricated in four phases. Phase one is being fabricated and may arrive on site as soon as 9–23-19.
- Interior grading within the building footprint is 50% complete.
- The interior under slab plumbing rough-in is 30% complete.
- The electrical under slab rough in is about to begin.
- The activity will kick into high gear when the structural steel begins to arrive on site.
Next update in two weeks!
Be All In!