River Oak Church Construction Update
We rejoice in God’s goodness as we began construction on Phase Four of our campus buildout last week! Look for brief updates on our website regarding the progress of the construction project as we continue to go ALL IN for the Gospel and God’s glory in our church, community, and world.
The new addition will double our square footage, so the design for the complicated structure took a little longer than expected. However, we are so thankful for the City of Chesapeake going out of their way to expedite approvals and assist us in every way possible. We are on our way!
November 8, 2019
- The slab on grade at the first-floor lobby and coffee bar area has been poured. Additional first floor slab-on-grade areas will be poured soon.
- The structural steel erection continues. All sanctuary roof long span joists are on site. Half of them are in place.
- The high roof, low roof and second floor beam erection continues.
- The high roof, low roof and second floor bar joist erection continues.
- Roof deck and floor deck is being placed.
- For reference, the sloped beams that splay around the center of the building footprint are the support for our upper level seating. The horizontal beams that span between the sloped beams and stair step up are the framing for the rows for our upper level stadium seating. The rear of the stadium seating will exit at the second-floor lobby level adjacent to the children’s wing wall. The lower level seating will be on the sloping slab-on-grade.
- The demo on the existing two-story structure (Rooms 108 and 109 and the second-floor rooms above them) is well under way.
- The masonry foundation work is complete.
- The plumbing and electrical rough-in below the first-floor slab is nearing completion.
- When the deck is in place and approved, the portions of the first and second floor slabs will be poured.
- After the deck is in place and the second floor is poured, the exterior metal studs will be placed.
- By the end of November, the structural steel erection should near completion.
Next update in two weeks!
Be All In!