River Oak Church Construction Update
We rejoice in God’s goodness as we began construction on Phase Four of our campus buildout last week! Look for brief updates on our website regarding the progress of the construction project as we continue to go ALL IN for the Gospel and God’s glory in our church, community, and world.
The new addition will double our square footage, so the design for the complicated structure took a little longer than expected. However, we are so thankful for the City of Chesapeake going out of their way to expedite approvals and assist us in every way possible. We are on our way!
January 9, 2020
As everyone can see the construction is progressing rapidly. The updates for this week are as follows:
- The slab on grade at the first floor is approximately 60% complete. The electrician is continuing to do under slab rough in in front of the stage area. The raised slab on grade at the backstage area has been poured as well.
- The structural steel erection almost complete except for the elevator roof, two stair tower roofs and some miscellaneous steel.
- The roof deck and second floor deck installation are complete except for the elevator roof and two stair tower roofs.
- The roofer will begin the roof installation on the week of January 13th.
- The slabs for the riser seating are in place.
- The plumbing and electrical rough-in below the first-floor slab is approximately 80% complete.
- The second floor slabs have been poured with the exception of the stairwells.
- The exterior metal stud work is progressing rapidly around the building perimeter.
- The exterior sheathing should begin next week.
- The Dominion Power underground electrical service feed for the new building is installed.
December 4, 2019
- The slab on grade at the first floor is making its way around the building footprint. It will be poured as soon as possible in each section. Additionally, the raised slab on grade at the backstage area will be poured soon.
- The structural steel erection is nearing completion. All sanctuary roof long span joists are in place. As soon as the bracing and bridging is in place the roof deck will be installed on the high roof.
- Roof deck and second floor decking is being placed as progress allows.
- For reference, the sloped beams that splay around the center of the building footprint are the support for our upper level seating. The horizontal beams that span between the sloped beams and stair step up are the framing for the rows for our upper level stadium seating. The rear of the stadium seating will exit at the second-floor lobby level adjacent to the children’s wing wall. The lower level seating will be on the sloping slab-on-grade.
- The demo area on the existing two-story structure (Rooms 108 and 109 and the second-floor rooms above them) should be closed in (thus waterproof) in seven to ten days.
- The plumbing and electrical rough-in below the first-floor slab is nearing completion.
- When the second floor deck is in place and approved, portions of the second floor concrete slab will be poured.
- The exterior metal stud work has started.
- By mid-December, the structural steel erection should near completion.
- Next week the trench will be dug for the installation of the Dominion Power electrical service feed for the new building.
Next update in two weeks!
Be All In!