Baptism is a public profession of our faith in Jesus Christ and outward expression of the inward change that Christ has made in us. Baptism by immersion is a one-time act of obedient identification with Jesus as Lord. It serves as an outward sign of our conscious confession of repentance and faith. We baptize by immersion after salvation because it is a matter of:
- Submission – Our Lord commanded all who become His disciples to be baptized (Matt. 28:19-20).
- Identification – Our Lord was baptized as an example for us to identify (Mark 1:9-10).
- Definition – The word “baptize” comes from the Greek word, “baptiso” meaning “to make fully wet, to dip or immerse.”
- Representation – Only immersion baptism represents the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and the new believer (Romans 6:3-4).
Baptism At River Oak Church
Anyone who would like to be baptized needs to complete our baptism form and attend one of our orientations.
- Baptism Form- This form allows us to get to know you and your spiritual journey. Please fill out the baptism form below.
- Baptism Orientation- We offer these baptism classes to provide a deeper understanding of what baptism means and to provide logistical details of our baptism service.
Call or email the office if you have any questions or concerns, or if we can walk you through the process in greater detail. We look forward to celebrating your baptism with you!